Thursday, May 21, 2009

Note of Thanks

Hello,
Thank you so much for your visit to the Veterans Health Unit yesterday! Sorry I was not aware that Janet (recreation therapist) was not in, or I would have been more helpful in getting things organized. I also did not get a chance to catch you before you left to give you a proper “thank you”. We had an outstanding response from our veterans, with 29 out of 47 in attendance. Several voiced their appreciation and indicated that they were impressed by the talents of your students. I know one resident in particular (who sat in the entry when you arrived) had tears in his eyes when watching them perform. I also asked some others what they thought, and one lady in particular told me it was “just beautiful”! I know there were others there who often are not very alert, who paid rapt attention to the children as well, and also told me how pleased they were to see them. They also were very glad to have a chance to shake hands with a few of the students afterward and compliment them. Please let the children know that although it is sometimes hard to tell, the residents were happy to have them there.
Thanks to you for all of the hard work on your part, as well as to the parents who were able to take time to accompany the group. Everyone’s efforts were appreciated.
Mary Ellen Huntley
Occupational Therapist
Veterans Health Unit